Finished dimensions: 108 in. wide. Individual flags are 7-in W x 9-in L
You will need 3 yards of extra wide double-fold bias tape in a coordinating color (dusty pink suggested).
- Cut out all triangles.
- Iron triangles.
- Decide how you want to piece the bunting. I chose to pair pink fabrics with colorful designs and alternate. You may want to have one side of the bunting pink/purple and the other colorful.
- Piece triangles wrong sides together.
- Sew triangle using a running stitch with 1/4-in seams, making sure to overlap stitching at point. Leave short top side of triangle open.
- Clip excess fabric at triangle point.
- Turn triangles right side out.
- Press all triangles.
- Insert your first triangle into the bias 3-4 inches from the end of the tape. Insert into tape with triangle edge flush with the bias tape fold. Pin in place.
- Insert your second triangle into the bias tape very close to the first. Continue to insert and pin triangles.
- Stitch along bias tape, making a 1/4-inch hem, making sure to catch all the flags.
- Finish the raw ends of the bias tape by folding in and tacking into place.